A beautiful handmade quilted bag reflects your personal style and makes a wonderful gift. Patchwork Quilted Bags, Totes, Purses & Accessories helps you create unique bags that add charm. Full-sized patterns and step-by-step instructions for 19 basic designs, along with techniques for assembling the perfect patch, make this book suitable for novices and experienced quilters alike. Projects range in size from large totes to small pouches in a zakka vein:
* A bird-themed travel bag for your essentials
* An elegant lace-trimmed bucket bag, great as an everyday handbag
* A colorful clasp purse for a vintage look
* A round bag/basket for everything from picnic foods to yarn balls
* A fold-away eco bag, durable as well as distinctive
* A baby bag with bottle “cozy”-a perfect gift for new parents
* Adorable animal-themed totes for kids
* A Union-Jack themed pouch for all your tiny stuff
* and more!
“This tote bag is quick and easy to make. Piecing together multiple octagons in bright colors creates the illusion of lively circles – a Scandinavian style. If you use a subdued color palette, the angles appear more pronounced.”
– CraftFoxes.com (150,000 monthly visitors) features a project from Patchwork Quilted Bags. According to the Editor, this project is the most clicked link of the week.
“If you enjoy patchwork and quilting but don’t have the patience to make a full-size quilt then this could be just what you’re after! This colourful book explains creative ways to incorporate these techniques into bags of all sizes from tiny little pouches to large overnight totes and is a fantastic source of inspiration for textile artists. There are lots of different blocks provided and handy guides on English paper piecing and making yoyos. We especially love the gallery pages where Reiko showcases what inspires her and shares her textile journey. Plus there is even a handy pattern sheet!” -Love Sewing magazine
“Simply stated, Patchwork Quilted Bags is certain to be an enduringly popular addition to personal and community library Needlecraft and Quilting instructional guide collections.” -Midwest Book Review
|Dimensions||203 × 254 mm|
Prolific quilter Reiko Washizawa has written on all forms of quilting, from full-sized star quilts to small quilted goods for babies. She specializes in welcoming the beginner to the world of quilting, and in bringing a contemporary twist to traditional designs.
Paperback / softback